In most networks, services are constructed as abstract sequences of SFs that represent SFCs. At a high level, an SFC is an abstracted view of a service that specifies the set of required SFs as well as the order in which they must be executed.
1. SR based SFC Leveraging SR to Realize Transport Independent Service Function Chaining 2018
Publication URL: PDF - SR based SFC in MPLS Congress 2018
2. SFC Technology and Standards
Publication URL: PDF - SFC Technology and Standards
3.Transport Independent Service Function Chaining - MPLS Congress Paris 2018
Publication URL: PDF - Transport Independent Service Function Chaining
1. Service Programming with Segment Routing
Publication URL: https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-spring-sr-service-programming
This document defines data plane functionality required to implement service segments and achieve service programming in SR-enabled MPLS and IPv6 networks, as described in the Segment Routing architecture.
2. NSH and Segment Routing Integration for SFC
Publication URL: https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-spring-nsh-sr
This document describes two application scenarios where Network Service Header (NSH) and Segment Routing (SR) techniques can be deployed together to support Service Function Chaining (SFC) in an efficient manner while maintaining separation of the service and transport planes as originally intended by the SFC architecture.
3. BGP Control Plane Extensions for Segment Routing based Service Chaining
Publication URL: https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-dawra-idr-bgp-sr-service-chaining
The BGP Control Plane for the SR service-chaining solution is consistent with the BGP Control Plane for the topological Segment Routing Traffic Engineering (SR-TE) solution.
- BGP Link-State(BGP-LS) address-family/sub-address-family[RFC7752]is used to discover service and topological characteristics from the network.
- SR-TE policies[I-D.ietf-idr-segment-routing-te-policy] instantiate source-routed policies that may mix service and topological segments.
4. A Framework for Constructing Service Function Chaining Systems Based on Segment Routing
Publication URL: https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-li-spring-sr-sfc-control-plane-framework
This document describes a framework for constructing SFC based on Segment Routing. The document reviews the control plane solutions for route distribution of service function instance and service function path, and steering packets into a service function chain.
5. ISIS extension for SR SFC
Publication URL: https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-xu-isis-service-function-adv
This document describes how to advertise service functions and their corresponding attributes (e.g., service function label) using IS-IS.
6. OSPF extension for SR SFC
Publication URL: https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-xu-ospf-service-function-adv
This document describes how to advertise service functions and their corresponding attributes (e.g., segment ID) using OSPF. Here the OSPF means both OSPFv2 and OSPFv3.
1. SRv6 Interop test report： SFC
Publication URL: PDF - SRv6 Interop test report SFC
This document specifies the details of the SRv6 interop test results between Huawei devices and Topsec Devices.
2. Japan Interop test Shownet： SRv6 based SFC
Publication URL: https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/106/materials/slides-106-spring-sessa-an-experiment-of-srv6-service-chaining-at-interop-tokyo-2019-shownet-00
1. SRv6 based SFC demo
Publication URL: Github - SRv6 SFC
This demo is implemented based on Linux. This page introduces the details of this implementation.